Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thursday, Oct. 22, 2009

Woke up at 4:30 a.m. to thunder and lightning. Rained heavy between 4:30 and 6. At my house in Bay City, we had almost 2 inches. I drove west toward the hunting spots, and the closer I got, the less it rained. Predictions were 2 to 4 inches of rain, but that didn't happen for Third Coast. The cut rice field east of Garwood is still holding about 30,000 speckled bellies, and about 100 snow geese. It is quite an awesome site to see that many birds. I saw two other feeding areas of speckled bellies. Not many snows. Saw one pond that had lots of ducks. I would assume the rice harvest will resume tomorrow and should start spreading out the birds. It promises to be an exciting opening day. See you tomorrow!
http://www.thirdcoastoutfitters.com


No comments:

Post a Comment