Friday, November 13, 2009

Speckled bellies

Randy is asleep. He told me before he drifted off that they got 12 speckled bellies yesterday; however, I do not know where they were hunting. He said he was real proud of Chapman, our Lab who is fourth generation from Chodney the first Wonder Dog. He said that Chapman made a really long retrieve that only older dogs can usually handle. He retrieved the goose out of sight of Randy, then started making his way back to Randy with the goose in his mouth, just pretty as a picture. Then suddenly, when Chapman was just a few yards from Randy, a "s#*@ bird" flew up and Chapman dropped his goose to go chase it. It was one of those "Geeezzz" moments. Except with Randy's vocabulary -- and if you know Randy, you know he has a pretty colorful vocabulary -- I'm sure he would describe it with a different word. Anyhow, Chapman has a little growing up to do still.

Today they got eight speckled bellies, but, again, I don't know where they hunted. I do know that the speckled belly hunting will get better and better as November wears on.

On a somber note, I need to tell whoever is reading this blog that Nick's dog, Gunner II, escaped from his kennel the night before last and was killed on the highway in front of Nick's house. My heart goes out to him. He really loved that dog.

Tomorrow night my aunt and uncle are going to visit, so we might not write on the blog until Sunday. I'm making chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, fresh green beans and chocolate pie. I hope they like the meal.

See ya!

http://www.texasgoosehunting.blogger.com

http://www.thirdcoastoutfitters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment